19 December, 2010

Close encounters of the furry kind, part II

 For the first part of this story, please click here.

I had to pinch myself to affirm it was indeed a dog. I thought these lazy 'hooligans' retired to bed after their post-dinner jog. But no, here was the solitary soldier ready to bite my rear off...and I stood there transfixed...contemplating my next move. In the meanwhile, I managed to find enough time to admire the dog's dental work.

*** I was left with no option...paws versus bare hands, which would win?? The stage was set...it was a Mexican standoff sans guns. I ran forward...and so did the dog. Everything was moving in slow motion now, much to my delight. And I caught the direction of the dog's jaw, which was moving towards a very delicate part of my body. Now was the time to kick some serious dog-b#*$. The doggy got a powerful sucker punch from yours truly. The shock waves sent the dog flying back and tore my shirt-sleeves off!! I was shocked at my power...guess the 100 mental push-ups a day do pack some punch!! The dog recovered quickly and let out an ear-piercing howl (this would have put any top heroine to shame)...which was so powerful, I was sent rocketing backwards.... ***

....and there I was, still contemplating my next move. Shit!! I was day-dreaming again....the dog had moved in closer...I had to make a quick move or risk losing some vital organs. It was time, I couldn't control it any longer!! Admiring the dog's teeth one last time, I turned tail and ran like hell. If only Ussain Bolt had seen me!! The dog was left in a sea of flying dust as I ran blindly, trying to get as far away as possible from it. I guess it's dinner was not sumptuous enough, for it simply wouldn't let my rear out of it's sight. Damn canine genes!! Aren't dogs man's best friends?? It finally let me go, only after I was out of my own street and it's turf, back to where I had started. I eventually made a sheepish call to my watchman to come and get me...and boy, he came armed to the teeth. He had a cornucopia of stones with him, in different shapes and sizes.

Maybe the dog was aiming for a contract with Oral-B and didn't want to risk breaking it's dental magnificence. On my way back, one stone from the watchman was all it took to send the dog howling away..and all I could muster was, "Who's the chicken now doggy??".





 
Note: This was a real incident in the author's life...but the narration is exaggerated so as to gain the reader's sympathy!! If you do sympathize with him, please leave a comment. If not, may a vicious dog bite you today :p !!!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I am still smiling at this post, the reality of the situation strikes me. Even I consider my fist vs. canine's teeth. You too? good!!! Now is this what is called 'Running for life?' Very well written, sad you have to take a long break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Sat !!!!!!! Expecting more such interesting narrations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Varun:
    Thanks dude....guess my post brought you some rather uncomfortable memories ;). BTW where did I mention a long break?? That is an old post buddy... :D

    @Ranjini:
    Thanks a lot...me too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was awesome man
    enjoyed reading
    some experimental phrases were mind blowing
    i noted a few down.
    great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Soulblogger: Whoa..am honored!! :)

    @Venky: Man that is trademark venky!! B)

    @Pranjal Sharma: Thank you very much...I've written my next short story, which is currently the first thing on my blog ;).

    ReplyDelete